Have you ever felt that your iPhone runs out of storage and cannot take in any more pictures? Transferring your photos from iPhone to Mac will definitely help you overcome this. While you shift your pictures to Mac, you will make ample of SD storage space available to you on your device.
Note that even though you can easily store your pictures on Mac, you need to remember that it also has limited memory. Therefore, make sure that you go through all your pictures and delete the unnecessary ones which merely have been taking up your storage space. This can be done with the help of any useful photo gallery cleaner app.
How to Transfer Photos From iPhone to Mac?
Here is a list of all those methods which you can take up to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac:
Import Photos From iPhone to Mac Using Airdrop
If you ever come across the question wherein you don’t know how to get photos from iPhone to Mac; this is one of the most efficient ways in which you could perform this.
- Firstly, switch on Airdrop on your iPhone device.
- Next, you need to go to the settings and click on the ‘General’s option.
- Keep scrolling until you reach Airdrop.
- To transfer data to any device ensure that you click on ‘Everyone.’
- The next step is to switch the Airdrop on your MacBook.
Now all you got to do is open the ‘finder’ and press the go option in the menu followed by selecting Airdrop.
Below the Airdrop icon, you will find a drop-down wherein you need to select the option ‘Everyone.’
Let the two devices get appropriately connected. Once this is done, you need to follow the instructions given below:
- Firstly, open photos in your iPhone device and select all those photos that you want to transfer.
- In the bottom left – corner they will be a button called as sharing, which you need to tap on.
- After a few moments, Airdrop will search and find your Mac, which you need to tap on.
- You will get a small notification box asking you for permission. Click on the ‘accept ‘button.
So, the transfer has taken place successfully. You can close Airdrop on both your Mac as well as iPhone.
Transfer Photos From iPhone to Mac Using USB
Whenever you connect your iPhone device to your Mac, you will either get an autoplay option, or you will be asked to ‘tap to choose what happens with this device ‘depending upon the windows version you are using. Tap on to that option; you will see an option saying ‘Import Photos and Videos.’
Here is the procedure on how to import photos from iPhone to Mac:
- The first step is to connect your device to the Mac using a USB cable.
- Once this is done, the photo app on your computer will open immediately. In case it doesn’t happen, you can go to the Applications folder and click on the photo app option.
- In the top menu, click on to the ‘File’ option and later select import.
- Hold and keep the command key on your keyboard and simultaneously select all the photos that you want to import.
- Once that is done, click on the review for the import option.
- Mac has a built-in feature, which lets you know that if any of the photos from those which have selected were already transferred and it will only transfer the remaining ones.
- In case you want to transfer all the photos to your iPhone that you didn’t back up, you need to click on the option ‘Import all new items.’
You can always tap on the Last Import on the sidebar to check for the list of the photos that you have recently transferred from your iPhone to Mac.
How to Import Photos Using iCloud
If you are struggling to figure out how to move photos from iPhone to Mac, this is a very convenient way where you can make use of the iCloud photo library. Note that in case you require quite a considerable amount of storage you might need to upgrade your cloud storage capacity.
Here is a list of steps to set up the iCloud photo library on your iPhone devices:
- Firstly, you need to go to the settings followed by clicking your name present at the top.
- Open iCloud.
- You will see an iCloud storage indicator below which will be a list of Apps using iCloud.
- Now, you need to tap on the photos.
- The next step is to open the iCloud photo library or iCloud photos, as in the case of IOS 12.
Steps to set your Mac:
- Firstly, launch the photos application.
- In the menu bar, click on the photo’s menu.
- Check for preferences and tap on iCloud.
- Besides the iCloud photo library, there will be a small box present. Check for the box.
Once you have followed both the sets of instructions, you will be able to open the same ID on both your iPhone as well as your Mac. This will initiate immediate syncing of your photos and videos automatically.
Note that invade you make any changes on any one of the devices, it will be reflected on the other device as well during the process of syncing. Therefore, if you want to delete or make any changes in your machine and at the same time, keep in safe on your Mac, make sure that you turn off the sync settings once the transfer has taken place.
Move Photos From iPhone to Mac Using AnyTrans
When we talk about iCloud and photos; there some of the most efficient ways of transferring pictures, yet they come with quite a lot of discrepancies. For example, in a situation wherein the user has to perform two tasks simultaneously namely, backing up as well as transfer photos from iPhone to Mac, there is always a need for a third-party medium such as AnyTrans that makes this task quite simpler.
It acts as an aid to transfer the photos efficiently to your Mac while performing the task of a downloaded as well as backing up all the images.
So, if you are confused about how to copy photos from iPhone to Mac, here is a list of instructions that can help you go about this problem:
- In the first step, you have to launch the AnyTrans app. Make sure that both your Mac as well as your iPhone are connected to the same network.
- Once that is done, use a USB port for connecting your iPhone to Mac.
- Permit the app to access your photo library.
- In the final step, you need to go to the device manager and click on the ‘Export iPhone content to the computer ‘option.
Once you have followed all these steps, the transfer of photos will take place instantly and efficiently. Along with that, it will also connect with iCloud, so you are ensured that your photos are safe and ultimately backed up.
The above methods will assist you with Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac and will make sure you have ample of storage in your iPhone devices. Also, you need not worry about safety since your photos will be back up instantly..