How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android: With the increase in demand for smartphones, the problem of transferring one’s contact list from one phone to another becomes a cumbersome task. Major Operating Systems have tried to address the issue by making in-built applications, moving to cloud-based solutions that are slowly easing out the process of transfer iPhone contacts to android. However, there is also third-party application to assist you in copying contacts to the other phone which at times can become vulnerable to phone’s privacy.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android – Easy Methods
Meanwhile, the popularity of Android phone is ever increasing against the previous generation of iPhones. There is growing trend among the iPhone users to switch to Android smartphones. Therefore to aid such users in this transition, the following article is based on how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android using five different methods. Such methods are equally easy to follow and more suitable for non-tech savvy users.
Steps To Follow Before Transfer iPhone Contacts To Android
Though it is not an absolute necessity to follow the given pre-requisites, it shall only be in best of the interest of non-tech savvy users and should make the transfer process simple for them.
- Create a Google Account with Gmail beforehand.
- Arrange for a functional laptop/PC with USB connectivity.
- Ensure stable internet connectivity before beginning the transfer process.
Method #1. Copy / Export iPhone Contacts To SIM
Starting off with a basic method, copying/exporting iPhone contacts to SIM and later using the same SIM on your Android device is a possibility. This method is best suited for users those who maintain less number of contacts. Also, additional information such as photo, email ID, etc. may not be copied to the SIM. You can do a google to know how to export contacts from iPhone to sim!
Method #2. Transfer iPhone Contacts To Android Using iCloud
It is in such situations that every iPhone is mandatorily linked with iCloud unless specified otherwise. Therefore, using your unique iPhone user ID you can instantaneously export iPhone contacts using iCloud. To do so, follow the below steps:
- Open Settings Menu on your iPhone.
- Search for Mail, Contacts, Calendars menu.
- Now open Accounts and you would find the linked contacts on your iPhone.
- Click on the iCloud account.
- Check if the “Contacts” button is turned on. If not, turn it on and proceed to merge/sync it with iCloud.
- Once you are done with the above steps, log on to the desktop version of iCloud using the same credentials. Now click on Contacts option.Then export all the contacts to vCard.
- Now import the vCard to your Google account that is linked to your Android phone. Use contacts tab, select more and then import> select vCard.
Now you can easily sync contacts on your Android Phone using your Google account. Last 2 Steps are useful if you looking for how to transfer contacts from icloud to android!
Method #3. Export iPhone Contacts Using iTunes
This an alternate method to transfer iPhone contacts to Android using iTunes. Laptop/PC is required under this method. To do so, follow the below steps:
- Download the desktop version of iTunes.
- Now using a USB cable, connect your iPhone to a laptop/PC.
- As soon as you open iTunes, it should automatically detect the connected iPhone.
- Under the info section, select Sync contacts to the that linked Google account on your Android phone.
- Once done with the above steps, open your Android Phone and sync contacts from the same Google account.
Method #4 – Add Google Account On Your iPhone
Here is another way on how to export contacts from iPhone without using any external application. For this, you will have to link a Google account to your iPhone by following the below steps.
Before you continue on to the below steps, it is recommended to create a functional Google account by going to Gmail SignUp page and clicking on Create Account option.
- Now open Settings menu on your iPhone.
- Search and select Mails, Contacts, Calendars.
- Here click on Add Button to add a functional Google account to your iPhone.
- Once this is done, contacts will be automatically synced to the newly added account. If not, open Account tab and click on Google Account and manually select Sync contact option.
Method #5 – Using Third-Party Applications
There are some third party applications like Jihosoft Phone Transfer and others that automatically transfer your iPhone contacts to Android. Such applications are best suited for non-tech savvy people. Follow the below three simple steps to initiate the sync process:
- Search and install Jihosoft Phone Transfer desktop version on a laptop/PC.
- Next, connect your iPhone as well as Android phones using two different USB cables.
- Now open the Jihosoft Phone Transfer application.
- The application will automatically detect the devices and prompt you to select the contacts to be synced. Complete the process by clicking on Start Copy button.
Thus, You can use these Various Methods to transfer iPhone contacts to Android. You can also search for how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android via Bluetooth?
Ensuring safe transfer of contacts was also one of the main intentions behind this article. We suggest you to use the cloud-based methods as they are quick and reliable. Have a happy Android journey!
Visit our site Techofier for more tech updates.