You Corruption in file systems is a major issue that many of you’ll might encounter after the installation of Windows 10. This simply leads to various instability issues and also causes difficulty in accessing data. In order to tackle this issue here is a list of solutions about how to fix corrupted system files in Windows 10.
6 Ways to Fix Corrupted System Files in Windows 10 Using Command Prompt
1. Using SFC tool:
SFC (System File Checker) is basically a command-based tool that can be used efficiently to repair the system files in Windows 10. It basically performs the task of scanning your computer and fixing all the errors in the file system.
- The first step is to open the Command prompt and type “sfc /scannow” followed by pressing enter.
- This will initiate the repair process.
- The command sfc will basically perform the task of scanning every file and fix the corrupted files in Windows 10.
It will also check windows system files integrity and tell you if it found any violations.
2. Run SFC through Safe Mode to Restore Corrupted Files :
If the sfc scan is not successful, then it is advised to run the sfc command in the safe mode to recover corrupted files in windows 10.
- Click on to the start menu and restart your system.
- From the provided options, select the Troubleshoot option.
- Open the advanced options, followed by startup settings and then hit the restart button.
- From the restart options available, select safe mode and later repeat the procedure for sfc command as mentioned earlier.
3. Repair Windows 10 by Using DISM Tool
DISM is an abbreviation for Deployment Image and Servicing Management tool that is to be used when the SFC command line fails to repair the system files in Windows 10. DISM is also another kind of command line on a similar note with sfc. In order to run this command, the following procedure must be followed:
- The basic step includes the opening of the command prompt as administrator followed by entering of the command line DISM (DISM.exe/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth) and hitting enter.
- This starts off the repair process which takes roughly about 10 minutes.
- Once the DISM finishes off with its task make sure to restart your PC.
4. Replacing System Files Manually
Sometimes it so happens that even though we use the SFC command, we are unable to fix system files in Windows 10. Situations like this demand manual replacement of the corrupted files with a better copy from another PC.
Here are the following Steps that you need to perform:
- Firstly, open the command prompt as the administrator.
- The second step includes entering the location of the corrupted file and the file name with the help of the takedown command, followed by pressing enter.
- Note that the location of the file along with extension should be mentioned properly.
- The next step includes entering the command, icacls C:actual-location-of-corrupted-file-and-file-name/Grant Administrators:F
- The subsequent step includes copying of the good copy which is taken from another PC, to the PC which contains the corrupted file. This is achieved with the help of copy command line along with specified location of corrupted file and the file name.
- If asked about overwriting of files, press enter.
- The above steps are to be repeated separately for each corrupted file until all of then are fixed.
How to Fix Corrupted System Files in Windows 10? – Easy Steps
Fixing corrupted system files in windows 10 is sometimes difficult, and if you can’t repair the files with SFC tool and above methods, you’ll need to try following 2 methods.
5. Using the provision of system restore:
The act of system restore is another functional technique that can be employed in case the above methods fail to restore or fix the corrupted files in Windows 10 version. Performing system restore as an efficient way of getting rid of such harmful corrupted files.
- The first step, On search button, type system restore and click Create a restore point followed by pressing enter.
- Next is to press the system restore button.
- The next step includes checking of more possible restore points and finally selecting any available point followed by selecting next.
- Finally, perform all the instructions that are given to you.
- Once the process is complete, the corrupted system files will immediately get replaced with the healthier versions.
6. Resetting Windows 10
This method is kind of a back up plan incase all the other methods fail to work. Resetting of Windows basically formats your PC to its initial state while clearing all your applications. So, before you actually begin the process of resetting, make sure that you have all your important work files backed up.
Here is the list of all those steps that are mandatory of quick reset of your Windows 10 version:
- Initially restart your PC as discussed earlier.
- Click on the troubleshoot option followed by reset this PC.
- After you have performed step 2, you will have two options, either keep my files or remove everything. Choose the option wisely that is suitable to you.
- The next step involves choosing your username and entering your password. If asked about installing Windows 10 kindly do so.
- Next step involves selecting your PC windows version and clicking the reset button.
- Conclude the process by following the instructions that appear on the screen.
Some Final Words
These were different ways to go about in How to fix the corrupted files in Windows 10. Go step by step to ensure better performance of each method and if all the methods fail do perform the reset of your Windows version. This will definitely help you deal with all those issues.