One of the most common errors that people face while updating Windows to 7 or higher is that Nvidia GeForce experience unable to connect to Nvidia. It is the most frustrating sight to witness. The following article is about tips and tricks that any user could apply to solve a problem which they may encounter, and it reads like unable to connect to Nvidia try again later.
5 Solutions To GeForce Experience Unable To Connect to Nvidia
Method 1: Erasing NSManaged Tasks.xml
Try this simple procedure when GeForce experience unable to connect to Nvidia on your PC. This trick works for most of the users facing a similar problem. However, there are several other tricks mentioned for your advanced reference.
To begin your diagnosis and operation, strictly follow the below steps:
- Locate the follow file path: “C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NetService\”.
- Search “NSManagedTasks.xml” file. Usually, this file is found to be corrupted in many cases.
- Delete the above file and proceed to the next step.
- Now, launch the task manager by either going through the Start button or using the keyboard shortcut: CTRL + ALT + DELETE altogether.
- Locate “NVNetworkService.exe” under Processes tab and select it to kill the process.
- Make sure to tick the box “Show processes from all users” once you have located it. Then, proceed to the next step.
- Open the Run dialog box by either going through the Start button or using the keyboard shortcut: Win key + R.
- Copy and paste “services.msc” in the Run dialog box and hit Enter.
This will open up a new window. You are required to find “NVIDIA Network Service” from the listed name in the newly opened window.
We have shared some methods to download Hotstar videos on Android and PC. You can check the article for in-depth details.
Now, using the computer mouse, Right click on the option and click on Start option that appears. If the Start is already selected, click Stop and then click on Start again.
The above trick should make the GeForce Experience tool active and it should pop-up. Possibly, you will not be left with a complaint that the Nvidia GeForce experience won’t open.
Method 2: Easy Hack- Reinstall The Program
Sometimes the cached memory gets corrupted and this prevents any program from starting. To resolve this problem, an old-fashioned trick is sufficient. All you need to do is simply uninstall GeForce Experience program and then manually install it to fix the issues.
To Uninstall the program:
- Go To Control Panel and click Add or Remove option.
- This will open a new window in which you will have to locate the GeForce program and click on it to uninstall it.
- Alternatively, press Win key+R and type in “appwiz.cpl” and hit Enter
- Search for GeForce Experience program and select it. Follow any on-screen instructions as and when it appears.
To re-install the program:
- Go to the Nvidia official site: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/
- Download the GeForce Experience program and follow the instructions to install again.
Method 3: Choose Automatic Driver Update
Best suited for beginners, this trick may be useful in the circumstances where your old driver is corrupt. Installing Automatic Driver Update of GeForce Experience will solve the problem of Nvidia GeForce experience unable to connect to Nvidia.
The below steps need to be followed:
- Using your internet browser, visit the official GeForce Experience geforce.com/drivers where you would notice a program by name Automatic Driver Update.
- Click on it and download the same.
This program will automatically find the updated version of the drive suitable for the installed Nvidia hardware on your PC. The downloaded driver will replace the old corrupted driver. Once the new driver software is unrecognized, the problem should be solved.
Method 4: Replacing Host File
Strictly speaking, this trick is exclusively for the advanced users who are unable to connect to Nvidia windows 10. This method dwindles with changing the IP address and if gone wrong, can affect other programs too. Hence, refrain from using this method unless you have a certain level of expertise in computer handling.
To perform changes in the host’s IP address, follow the below steps:
- Locate the file path: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc manually or using the Run dialog box.
- Open the searched driver using Notepad.
- Before attempting to make changes, make sure to copy the original content onto some other .txt file. This will help you to retrieve information if anything goes wrong.
Now, all you have to do are the following changes:
- Check if the value of Local Host is 0.0.0.0.
- If that is the case, attempt to change the value to “localhost = 127.0.0.1”
- Long press CTRL key and press S to save the file.
If the attempt to make changes using Notepad fails, you will have copy all the hosts content to the Desktop and make changes to it. After the entire process, copy it back to the original location.
Method 5: Driver Search Manually
If you are still facing the problem of GeForce experience unable to connect to Nvidia, even after using several tricks to solve the connectivity, then you are left with just manual driver search trick.
Be sure not to download drivers from any unrecognized source because they may cause more harm than being useful. Look at the below steps to continue:
- Using your internet browser, visit the official GeForce Experience geforce.com/drivers.
- Perform a manual search using the search tab.
- Download the required driver.
Now install the driver software by following the below steps:
- After downloading the required driver, open the Run dialog box.
- Copy and paste “devmgmt.msc” and hit Enter
- Driver Manager window will be opened.
- Expand Display Drivers tab.
- Select Graphics card and right click on it.
- Choose Update driver software option.
- A prompt window opens from which select Browse my computer for driver software
- Point the prompt windows to the download location of the recently downloaded driver.
It must also be noted that the mentioned tips and tricks are not a permanent solution to the connectivity issue experienced with GeForce Experience. However, there is also no permanent solution provided by the company NVidia as well. So have patience and pick the best trick that suits you.